The Windows 10 project much like the Mac project I am going to be using a Windows 10 for all my time at home and alot of my time at work and will comment and evaluate how it looks and functions to give people an idea of what to expect when they upgrade when it is finally released! So far its been fine in just testing use but using it as one of my primary systems will really put it to the test. We will post here to share our findings and share what we have found that you should expect when you get your upgrade.
- Use uncommon passwords and change them frequently
- Keep Antivirus active and up to date (Don’t have one go to Avast and download a free one. )
- Don’t save passwords in your browser.
- Keep your data backed up in the cloud or or external or to be really safe both For awesome cloud backup software check out Carbonite
- Keep your operating system updated
- Keep your kids safer using Net Nanny & Operating System Security Protocols
- For greater security use a VPN or Tor Browser
- Have your computer checked regularly by a professional for malware and security issues.
Happy Safer Internet Day!
The MDOR “Minnesota Department Of Revenue will not be accepting Turbo Tax filings as of right now do to suspected fraud. There were people that had logged in and found that there filing had already been completed so they are investigating. We have not heard or found out for certain if this is permanent or temporary. Luckily of course you do have a few more months if you are set on filing through turbo tax. Intuit the parent company has opened a help hotline Friday morning at 8 a.m. The number is 800-944-8596.